Updated: Jul 23
four weeks in I focused on using the molds I had created in the previous weeks, using a liquid form of expanding foam that can be poured easily into the mold, to create a lightweight copy of my clay sculptures. This has benefits for curation purposes as the foam is movable and mountable, the foam does have a slight warp during the casting process. so I also tried to make silicone versions that I then stitched together. The silicone had the best likeness but didn't have that volume that I needed for a sculpture and the warping of the foam actually lends itself to the overall look of the work. I then sculpted feet that would sit at the base of the sculpture as I wanted to utilise the whole body and give the viewer more to observe. For the partitions, I adjusted my original walls to make them more oblong matching the heights of the sculptures.